6/08/2011

First Night in Chelsea



So I got into the city on Sunday late afternoon. Just before I left I walked outside to tell the kids good-bye and managed to get stung by a bee. I immediately thought that my luck wasn't going to change and that maybe I shouldn't be going into the city on my own. I waited around for about an hour and when I didn't go into anapolaptic shock I got on the train.
I found my room and walked around Chelsea/Meatpacking District for a few hours. I was at the Highline Park for sunset. This is an old elevated railway through the city which has been converted into a park. The first shot is from the Chelsea Market and the second is taken of the Hudson river from the Highline. The third is of the Highline Park connecting two old warehouses.
I really loved these big fluffy flowers along the park. I don't know what they are but they look cool in profile against the sunset. I really haven't had time to go through my over 1000 pictures from the trip. I had a few minutes yesterday but I don't feel like I've done them justice yet. I should have a quiet weekend coming up to spend some time reviewing and editing.

I ate a late dinner at The Spotted Pig which is reported to have the best burger in NYC. It was a damn good burger with Roquefort cheese and a mountain of shoestring fries. I made some poet friends here and spent several lovely hours looking out the bay windows onto the West Village streets talking about poetry and art vs. commerce. I bought Cecelia Adam's book of poetry which she had quoted to me throughout the night.

I finally felt like my New York adventure was starting to turn around. I had no more major drama or negative energy thankfully and despite the heat and tired feet I enjoyed the rest of my trip. I'll share more as I have time.

7 comments:

Lin said...

I've been to the Spotted Pig!! It is Anthony Bourdain's favorite place to eat in NYC!! We went there to spot celebs while having a few drinks. Zack Braff was directly behind me and Vincent D'onofrio was right by me. It was fun to spot some celebs!!

Sounds like a fun trip, Paige!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those photos are truly amazing Paige! You took 1000? Holy cow! Can't wait to see what else you show us:) Sorry to hear about your luck with the bee though.

unikorna said...

Breathtaking photos :) I like your blog, it's my kinda blog :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for another essential article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a complete way of writing? I have a presentation incoming week, and I am on the lookout for such information.

CCTV karachi

Job Search said...

Excellent information! thanks a lot for sharing..

Elvirah said...

Lovely shots! I probably wouldn't be able to visit Chelsea Market or Hudson river in my lifetime, but it felt like i was seeing it real through the pictures posted here. Looking forward to see more of such pics in your next post.

Hdpcgames said...

Resident Evil 4 Download For Pcis a landmark title in the survival horror genre, known for its intense action, immersive atmosphere, and compelling storyline. Released in 2005 by Capcom, the game follows special agent Leon S. Kennedy as he ventures into a remote European village to rescue the President's daughter, Ashley Graham, who has been kidnapped by a mysterious cult.

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD