2/04/2009

Free Blog Promotional Tips


One of my new favorite blogs is Be Jeweled By Candi. She makes gorgeous jewelry using really unique stones and beads, like the turquoise beauty above that she sells in her etsy shop. Her blog is a favorite because she is full of useful information on blogging and promotional tools that she explains in a user friendly and understandable way. She is also very generous with promoting other etsians and has etsy minis for many other shops displayed right next to her own. She posted the following list on her blog a few weeks ago and I actually printed it out and have been meaning to share it with you. It is a list of ways to promote your blog that are free. Some of them I'm doing, others I need to work on. Some of these will take some time but others are quick and relatively easy to implement.


25 Ways To Promote Your Blog For Free

  1. Use a lot of pictures
  2. Leave comments on other blogs. Make sure they are relevant and useful.
  3. Have an RSS Feed
  4. Submit to blog directories
  5. Add a bookmark link to every post
  6. Start a 2nd blog and link to yourself
  7. Join BlogCatalog and join communities
  8. Join MyBlogLog and join communities
  9. Use social bookmarking sites like Digg and StumbleUpon
  10. Create follow-up posts to give the original post some added attention. Write a second post to extend the thoughts of the first post
  11. Submit your blog to web directories
  12. Make sure your blog is indexed on the main search engines such as Google, Yahoo and MSN
  13. Exchange links with blogs of similar interests
  14. Create an account with Technorati and submit your blog url
  15. Create a Google sitemap on your blog to help get it fully indexed
  16. Link out to other blogs in your posts and have a blogroll of your favorite blogs
  17. Submit articles to Ezines
  18. Create a lens at Squidoo
  19. Make sure your blog address is on your business cards
  20. Offer an email newsletter by adding a Feedburner subscription box
  21. If your blog hosting site offers a place to tag your posts - use them
  22. Make sure that your content is good. Be sure to use the spellcheck feature and try to use proper grammar
  23. Write your blog posts as if you are talking to a friend. Tap into your readers emotions
  24. Use Twitterfeed to tweet new blog posts via a RSS feed
  25. Sign up with Entrecard

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very helpful...I'm gonna need a few more hours in my day now:)

Janet said...

What a great list !! I'm going to explore Twitterfeed since that would save me alot of time if I can get it to work.

Kristin said...

I saw this list as well..and am working on doing these things for myself! Really great advice!

Valorie said...

Great list! I'm going to have to work on a few of those ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That's a great list - and thank you for sharing it with us all.

I always find it so lovely the way the blogging community help each other out in ways like this.

LeelaBijou said...

Great tips! Thanks for sharing them :)

TiLT said...

fabulous tips...and I am proud to say I have done more than half of these...and had no clue about the 2nd half :P

I still do not quite get the Stumble upon thing.

Janet said...

I'm happy to report that TwitterFeed worked wonderfully - now that's one less manual update to make !!

Schaufensterbabe said...

Thanks! I found this really helpful.

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD