1/06/2010

Two Scarf Day


I know this is no news flash but it's too damn cold this week. There are record cold temps expected later this week and snow on its way (keep your fingers crossed that I get a snow day tomorrow). Yesterday I had a student come into my office and start removing a few of her many layers. She started unwrapping one scarf and then another. I laughed and said that it was a two scarf day if there ever was one. (The colorful scarf above is keeping my wise man statue warm in this shot and was knit in a soft wool/silk blend.)

That got me thinking. I've been selling my scarves for 3 years now not to mention all the ones I've gifted through the years. On a day like today, when even people who don't normally wear scarves are wearing them, I wonder how many people out there are wearing one of my creations today. It could be close to 100. I've sold at least 400 scarves or scarflettes in my time, although not all of them were cold weather scarves. At least 50 of them were purely fashion accessories. But if you are like me you wear one of them and stack it with a scarflette to keep the chill away, which is what I have on today.

It gives me a thrill to think about all the people wrapping my scarves around their necks today. Hopefully my colorful creations give them at least a tiny lift in spirit as they go out into the Arctic air.

8 comments:

Lin said...

That's a lovely thought--to imagine all those people being warmed and looking lovely in your scarves! Wow. Good feeling, eh? I wonder how many other folks can say that about their work?

Anonymous said...

That's a great thought and a great follow up from yesterday's post. Not that you always have to be positive, but to know that that many people are enjoying your stuff gives you a smile:)

Yea...I'm not really as impressed with many other venues as etsy. Yea, they have their pluses, but overall I think etsy has such a magical quality of beauty that's hard to beat.

Anonymous said...

Very thrilling to think about indeed :) You help keep people warm and cozy!

Kristin said...

Aw, Paige! I love the thought of that..Yes, your scarves are definitely keeping folks warm today!

Split Rock Ranch said...

That's something to think about! I now wonder how many people are wearing socks, scarves, sweaters and other accessories made with my fibers! Now that's a warming thought, isn't it?! We had several days of nice warm weather and then another arctic blast yesterday and last night. I don't look forward to going out to do chores this morning. Brrr.

Thank you for hosting my entrecard ad today.

Stay warm!

CastoCreations said...

Hmmm...I guess I can't imagine my jewelry keeping anyone warm. LOL =)

Ann said...

That scarf is really pretty. I wasn't too bright this morning I left the house without one. That's what happens when I get up so early in the morning and am still half asleep when I leave the house

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged, sweetie! Shoot over to my blog to see what it is all about! Oh, and you better share the tag, too!

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD