8/27/2009

Happy Blogaversary to Me!



One year ago today I became the blogging feign you see today! I recently discovered the amazing artist/blogger Igor + Andre who celebrated his blogavesary by consolidating his unique blogger portrait series into the above print listed here on Etsy. Danny does the most creative portraits of fellow bloggers that he admires which I totally wish I could do. You can check out all of the portraits here.

I started very tentatively and was obviously scared to commit. I think in the past 6 months I've started to hit my blogging stride. I love the sense of community it provides and I've made some good friends through the year. I have opened myself up emotionally at times and blatantly pimped my knitting at other times. So Happy Blogaversary to me and here's my first little post that I'm sure you all missed on the first go round:


So, I've been reading blogs and talking about blogs, and telling other people how they need to start their own blogs for years, but I've not gotten my butt in gear and started my own blog. Until now. So here it is my very own little blog. I will pet it and feed it and call it my own. Until I get bored and abandon it. I'll try not to but there are no promises. The only way I could get myself to do it was to set no rules for myself. The first step was simply to lay claim to the name and then we shall see if I can maintain any momentum.

I have a hard time committing to much of anything and the thought of having an agenda for this kind of thing scares me. I will talk about my Etsy shop, knitting, all the cool crap I buy on Etsy, and maybe a little about my wild and crazy life will slip in. Anyone who knows me will laugh because my life basically consists of my Etsy shop, knitting, and all the cool crap I buy on Etsy. So that will probably be about the extent of it, except for the occasional whine about work/husband or a gratuitous shot of a niece or nephew, probably modeling a scarf or other knitted item. A knitting tip or Etsy selling or buying experience will probably round out the blogging agenda around here.

I used to keep a journal back in my single days and have around 10 filled somewhere with pathetic attempts at poetry and deep thoughts. Now that I am sufficiently medicated and placated with my domestic life I have found little to say. But we shall give this a try and see how it goes....

17 comments:

Lynne said...

Congrats on the blogging anniversary! I really do enjoy your blog, especially when you share your creations. :-D

Unknown said...

congrats...happy anniversary!

♥Jennette♥ said...

Congrats on blogging anniversary!! I am really new cant wait for my one year! http://boutiquestitches.blogspot.com/

Buggys said...

I think your goals are about the same as most of us. Have some fun, an outlet and see how it goes. Happy blogging!

Laurie said...

Well congratulations!

Unknown said...

happy blogaversary to you! you're doing a great job!

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

Happy Bloggaversary (if that's how you spell it?) Keep up the good work:-D

Split Rock Ranch said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Happy Anniversary!

CuteBoo said...

congrats...happy anniversary!
I added your blog to alwayskawaii.com :)
Thanks for the exchange!
Have a great weekend!

Duni said...

Happy Blogaversary! That was a nice first post :)

Julehya said...

Happy blog birthday! Here's to more happy blogging years ahead! Cheers!

Karen said...

Happy blog anniversary! I am glad you started blogging.

Theresa said...

Happy Blogaversary!!! I haven't been visiting your blog all that time but for the time I have I certainly enjoy it. Even when your pimping you knitting...lol!!! Keep it up.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Blogging is better than even my favorite magazine, I love it!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Congrats on your blogoversary!!! I'm glad you started blogging :)

Igor+andré said...

oh thanks for the image post!
and happy blog birthday!

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD