8/16/2009

Summer Fun


I had a particularly fun day yesterday which was well needed after the crazy past few weeks at work. I spent the day with Kai doing some back to school shopping and getting him some cool new clothes. I love shopping and I remember how important it was for me to have some new things at the beginning of the year. I got to go in Torrid which is right next to Hot Topic at the Galleria Mall and owned by the same parent company. They are a plus size retailer that sells truly cool and youthful clothing that I just discovered on-line recently.

Then we went to a pool party for our friend Chris's 35th birthday. Chris is in the top picture with Brian and Sandy's absurdly cute daughter Sophie. I call it the hipster baby as she's wearing Chris's hat. We took Kai and Ani to the party with us. Our friends Brandyn and Ajay have 2 daughters about their same ages. Brandyn and I have decided that Maleena and Kai will be getting married someday and have beautiful babies together. Mike says that the fact that we want it so bad guarantees that there is no chance in hell that they will ever get together.

They are both 13 and at the age when it is still cool to hang out with the adults and seemed to have fun last night. Their joke was to refuse to let me take a picture of the two of them together. Every time I got my camera out they took off running. I finally got a shot when Mike was chatting with them and they weren't paying attention to me. I also caught them goofing off at the end of the night. Kai put on one of his new outfits after he got out of the pool. He is quite the stylish guy as you can see.

Zara and Ani also had fun playing together and I thought they were going to turn into little mermaids they stayed in the pool so long. They would periodically get out to eat a brownie or two and blow some bubbles. I think that we all enjoyed the end of summer evening to its fullest.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

you will have to email me the one with the hat..too cute!

Holly said...

Cute pictures! Kids are so awesome.

Anonymous said...

Awh how fun! Could have gone without the reminder of the end of summer though...hahah. Glad you all had such a great time!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD