9/19/2010

Wedding Weekend Over...


Today was the day of rest after 3 full days of wedding activities with our close friends Chris and Tif. I've talked about them often here as they are really more like family to Mike and I. Mike was the best man and I was the de-facto coordinator. I've had my hand in a lot of the planning of their beach themed wedding from the beginning so it was most appropriate. I can honestly say that I've never worked so hard at a wedding before including my own but when Tif gave me a hug at the end of the day and told me I was her rock it was totally worth it.

My main job was to make sure that Tif was calm and enjoyed the day and I think I accomplished that quite well. They had a photographer with them for 12 hours of the day so I didn't have to worry about capturing every moment. Because I was dealing with the vendors, following Tif's perfectly laid out agenda, cleaning up, and making sure that people were happy I really didn't have time to worry too much about my camera.

I was able to catch a few candid moments and I've been playing with the images in photoshop today. Tif was a beautiful, statuesque bride. To be honest I felt and probably looked a bit like a troll standing next to her. Mike said that everyone looked like a troll compared to her yesterday which is as it should be. All I did to the top shot was add some waves to the water with a filter and I obviously cut out a heart in the kiss shot. I added a watercolor filter to this last one and made it black and white. I'll share some more shots from the big day tomorrow and some stories. It was the most intimate and special wedding I've ever been to, as a guest that is.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Well it sounds like you had a very busy weekend. What a beautiful bride she is. Your photos are great.

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had a good time and it went off without a hitch! Lovely photos too!

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD