6/20/2010

Another fun weekend


The three Amigos were together again this weekend. We met up with the girls yesterday afternoon and enjoyed a fun filled summer weekend. Mike and I got to share our love of roller derby (ARRG) with Kate and Jess. They really seemed to get a kick out of it. Kate was a bit relieved when she realized that she wouldn't have to be roller skating with them. She had never heard of roller skating as a spectator sport and was concerned about her stamina.

The above shot is from last weekend. I made a conscious decision to not take any pictures this weekend and to just enjoy my time with them. I don't want to become the crazy Aunt behind the camera.

Jess and Ani both developed a huge girl crush on Downtown Dallas, the sassy jammer for the Smashinistas. I took the shot above with her on the left at the last match we saw her play. She was on the cover of the program and they had to have her autograph it for them on her picture. Kate, however, had no interest in her as she was on the team her Uncle Mike was rooting against. She is absolutely loyal to whatever her Uncle Mike tells her to be.

They had a sleep over in my living room. All the junk I had let them eat came back to bite me in the butt as I was woken up at 3 a.m. by Kate who had managed to throw up all the way down the hall to the bathroom and wall to wall, including a bit that actually made it into the toilet. Angie said that you have to watch her as she doesn't know when to stop, kind of like her Aunt. Mike said that she should come with a warning label, "Will consume food to the point of vomiting."

She was fine this morning and we went to a local coffee house which the girls thought was quite amazing since there was a living room in the restaurant. It really is up to me to get these girls some culture and diversity in their lives. I then took them to my alma mater, Lindenwood University, which is just a few blocks away from where I live. There was lots of shade for them to run around and play tag.

We drove around the campus and they oohed and aahed all the pretty buildings and I told them all the ghost stories. At least 2 of them said this is where I want to go to college. It's all part of my plan to entice them into choosing Lindenwood when the time comes so they will be close. Chances aren't good that this plan will come to fruition as they are very independent girls but you never know.

4 comments:

lorenabr said...

Looks like a lot of fun :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/lorenabr

Ann said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Too bad about the 3a.m. deal.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun this weekend! Well, except the vomiting :(

D. Jean Quarles said...

Lovely post. Have a great week.

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD