8/20/2010

Back to Knitting!


Since getting admitted to the Strange Folk Festival again this year I have been knitting my fingers to the bone. It was exactly the motivation I needed to get my business act together. For some reason my knitting has been on the back burner this year. I guess my enthusiasm for my new DSLR and learning more about digital photography has caused me to be distracted. I used the shot above as one of my texture shots for my Image Within Class a few weeks ago. It's a lacy mohair blend scarf hanging on a little mannequin.

It's funny because I initially wanted to learn more about photography so that I could take better pictures of my knitting but before I knew it photography had overwhelmed my free time leaving little time for my knitting. I know I'm going to have to strike a better balance next year. I didn't realize how much I had missed my knitting time until I started doing it full force about a month ago. I never really stopped knitting but I didn't have the passion that allows me to sit and knit for hours at a time almost in a meditative place.

I'm also getting excited again about trying new stitch patterns and coming up with new designs for the first time in a while. I'm really enjoying creating my hat/scarf sets which is something new to my collection this year. I'm having trouble with the pricing issues but that is for a whole other post. This weekend I plan on getting a lot of pictures taken of my inventory before I start tagging things for the show. I hope to have my Etsy shop back up and running with all new pictures by the beginning of September.

4 comments:

Ann said...

This year you were just learning your camera so it was bound to take more of your time. I'm sure that next year you'll find the perfect balance between the two passions :)

Anonymous said...

It's a gorgeous picture Paige! It really makes your piece look great and is an interesting composition. Sorry to hear knitting has been on the back burner for you, but you know, sometimes that has to happen while you're giving something new a try. Why not? It's really going to help your business in the long run.

Paid Online Surveys said...

Nice posting! Your site is really informative site.
Thanks a lot for sharing.

sandy said...

Love the look of that yarn, fun and funky.
Sandy

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD