8/16/2010

Handmade Back to School

It's that time of year again. Our classes start next week but most of the public schools in the area are starting this week. I put together a treasury of handmade back to school items which you can see in its entirety here. I particularly like the "Great Rules of Writing" by Quotes and Notes. You should click on it to read it in it's entirety especially if you are a grammar nerd.

Kai actually started last Wednesday. He starts High School this year which seriously blows my mind. His Mom let him get his eyebrow pierced when he turned 14 so with his mohawk he looks like a real trouble maker. When you get past all of that bravado he is the sweetest kid I know whose family is the most important thing to him. He actually enjoys hanging out with his uncles playing Dungeons and Dragons every Sunday night in our basement and isn't too cool to be seen with his Aunt at the mall. He already has his college picked out and I'm really hoping that the momentum he had last year will continue into high school.

He is with my other nephew Graham in the shot above. Graham is starting kindergarten this year which also is mind boggling. It seems like just yesterday that my sister in law told me they were going to start trying to get pregnant. She got pregnant the first month. We started trying around a year later so that the cousins would be close in age. The best laid plans...

I've been thinking a lot about our decision not to pursue fertility treatments and to just accept whatever happens. As I get closer to the big 40 it seems more and more like a final decision. Having such special nieces and nephews like Graham and Kai help to fill whatever void might be there but I still feel it now and again.

3 comments:

Ann said...

What happened to the summer, it doesn't seem possible that it's back to school time already. Our schools haven't started back up just yet, but soon. They do grow fast, seems like you just blink a couple times and they grow from babies to adults in no time

Unknown said...

The little heart is great! And the rules for writing as well. Clever girl!!

Kristin said...

I must have that Great rules of writing! Too funny!

Our public schools here start Monday..my girls don't start for 2 more week after that for preschool..Next year is kindergarten.. and some tears. (for me, lol)

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD