5/18/2009

Handmade Fail



My husband has been on a real Fail kick lately. I am getting pretty sick of fail this and fail that but I thought I would see what handmade fails there are out there out of curiosity. If you are wondering why everyone is using the word fail all of a sudden you aren't alone, there is a good article in Slate about its origins. I am a huge handmade advocate as you all know but there really are a few things that I would rather buy mass produced, and condoms are one of those things. I'm rather confused by this homemade baby for sale that is clearly perishable and stocked with the salmon for some reason.

I also found some hilarious sites that showcase handmade failures in all of their glory. Craftastrophe's tagline is "because handmade isn't always pretty" is so true indeed. Homemade Hilarity's latest find is a crocheted camo blanket with boobs randomly placed throughout. Absolutely hilarious and perfect for a Monday morning much needed laugh. Craft Fail is for those crafters who want to showcase their own crafts with good intentions that somehow went drastically wrong. My favorite post here was the baby socks that somehow ended up as a Knitted Vibrator Cozy. Hmmm, I think I'm seeing some sort of theme in my favorites this morning...

9 comments:

flax and spindle said...

Those pics cracked me up!!!

The Stewart Stuff said...

Yes, I think I'll stick with Trojan to insure I have no more Handmade Babies at our house! :0)

3 is plenty!!!

-10oneworld

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

Hmm, I kinda want a vibrator cozy.

Alicia aka "Fashiona" said...

Some are best wrapped up in plastic...pun intended.

storybeader said...

wondering what you were talking about at first. That's an interesting angle for a blog. Personally, I haven't seen the fails...yet! What will someone think of next!

Michelle said...

That is too funny! Thanks for the laugh!

Body Natural Soap said...

LOL those are way to funny. I will have to search for more now.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That is way too funny! Off to check these other sites out :)

Think With Your Taste Buds - Chicken said...

I was crocheting one day, making a mitt, and came up with what I called the "banana warmer." It's really simple to make. It's long and shaped like a condom and I made a loop attaching it half way across and made 2 "walnut holders." This was so cute that I ended up with orders for tons of them. When I made them and passed them on to their new owner I would put an plastic banana and 2 walnuts in their appropriate place. I wish I could give you the directions but I made it up as I went along and never wrote it down but if you can picture what I'm talking about you will have no problem coming up with your own pattern.
Martha

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD