I had been thinking that I've been using my blog too much to complain recently about all of my winter blues and ankle turmoil. It is totally okay for me to express what I'm going through here since this is my own personal blog but I was feeling guilty for sending out negative vibes into the blogosphere. The always helpful Duni from Lovely Purses chose to overlook this period of gloom and doom and awarded me the Sunshine Award today. Duni has a shop full of spring bags with bright colors and flowers blooming at Dawanda and is working on getting her own site up and running.
The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspires others in the blog world. I would like to pass it on to a few bloggers who really exemplify this spirit. I don't know if you've already received this award or not and please don't feel obligated to play along.
1. Duck and Wheel with String --For always putting a smile on my face with her humor and amazing spirit.
2. Live Passionately -- For being the place I turn when I need positive words to uplift me. She always seems to be talking just to me!
3. Nature With Me --For all of the good she does with her charity projects and Change the World series.
4. Ann's Snap Edit & Scrap -- For always leaving the most positive and heartfelt comments and being such a wonderful member of my little blog community.
5. Nfall2rt -- For being a good blog buddy through the past year to me and supporting the handmade community in such a great way on her blog.
6. Missy-Ellen-- I wanted to include a new blogger on my list that I just discovered and Missy-Ellen was the perfect choice. She has a lovely and bright blog that is full of potential.
This week has been a turning point in my recovery with working a full time schedule and getting more of my life back. I even went out last night with a group of friends from the office for the first time in months. I also saw a student yesterday that had obviously been crying for much of the last 24 hours. She had recently found out that she did not pass the nursing entrance exam and wouldn't be admitted this year to the program she had been working towards. It's my job to work with the nursing students and with the program just filling this week I'll be seeing many more in her position. I talked to her for 30 minutes or so and used all my positive counseling skills and when she left she had a partial smile on her face. She told me that she always feels better after she leaves my office. This made me feel good and happy that I could help her to accept her situation.
So thanks to Duni for brightening my day with the award and helping to remind me that there is a lot of positive energy out there if you know where to look.
6 hours ago