2/26/2009

Where in the World Are You?



I have to be honest. I actually considered limiting the contest to just U.S. and Canada in order to keep the cost of shipping down. But then I thought about all the great blogs that I visit every day from all around the world and the bloggers that drop in here as well. So I opened it up to everyone and I'm glad I did. It also inspired me to finally get my worldwide shipping set up in the shop. I had originally just shipped to U.S., Canada, and a few other countries I had checked out the rates on at the post office.

I have shipped to Canada a number of times now and have found it to be not much more than shipping here. I've unfortunately never had an overseas sale, and I'm hoping the changes in my shipping on Etsy will change that. I now have U.S. and Canada listed separately and then Everywhere Else set. This way people do not have to stop and contact me to find out what the shipping rates to their country would be. I am the queen of impulse purchases so I know that extra step probably killed a number of international buyer's shopping experience in my shop.

My Google Analytics statistics say that I've had visitors from 53 countries in the last 30 days. My top ten are here:

1. 4,693



2. 423



3. 328



4. 277



5. 153



6. 105



7. 103



8. 96



9. 59



10. 46

The only one that really surprises me is the Netherlands. I'm not really aware of any regular visitors from there. The Philippines being my number 2 is certainly no surprise. There are an amazing number of Filipinos that are a part of the Entrecard community. I've gotten to know many of them through my daily drops like Lainy from Lainy's Musing. She has not one but 4 blogs that she updates regularly with original and interesting content. My favorite of her work is in The Certified Fashionable Chic where she discusses fashion from around the world.

I would love to hear from some of my global buddies. How did you come across my blog and have you entered the contest yet? I know that it may not be winter where you are so you may not need to lose the winter blues but I'm sure that everyone could use a freebie to lift their spirits.

3 comments:

Lainy said...

Oh!

I can't actually believe my eyes when I saw my name and my blogs being mentioned here! Do you think I deserve a special mention? Hehe! Nevertheless, thank you very much and thank you for reading my blogs and for those drops. I hope I am keeping up.

I haven't tried tracking my visitors from which country they came from. I hope I have more time to search for them and feature the percentages in my blog.

I can see you have a contest going for your blog. I will have to check it out. Goodluck and I hope to see more of you soon!

All the Best,
LAINY

Lori said...

I've sold a lot over seas, at least one of which was the Netherlands. Not a country you would expect to get a sale from, that's for sure! :9

Anonymous said...

That´s nice to hear that you will ship now International,so greetings from Germany ;)
I don´t have take the contest,because the shipping price.
Have a nice weekend,and thanks for advertising with cuteboo!

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD