2/10/2009

Thinking Positive Thoughts


I've had a series of bad news come my way the last 5 days. There has been a lost job, a fire, health problems, and several other generally sucky things happen in my immediate family. I've given myself a back ache thinking about it all. It is all things I have absolutely no control over which makes me feel a bit helpless.

And yesterday I got rejected from the Spring craft show I had applied for, which is not even remotely on par with the other situations I described but it still bummed me out. This totally changes my knitting plans for the immediate future. I'm debating about whether I want to do much of any spring knitting now besides some skinny lightweight scarves. I will probably make some jewelry to list on Etsy but I'm not going to put much energy into it, since I sold next to nothing on-line after April last year.

So I'm posting some pictures of the scarf I named Happy Day in hopes some of it's positive energy will rub off.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, I hope your luck turns around and everything gets better for you.

Lindsey said...

Love love LOVE that scarf! You're inspiring me! :-) I'm sorry about the hard times right now... hope things get better!

manchester fat acceptance said...

i'm sending tons of positive thoughts your way... that's way too much bad news in a short period of time. etsy is such a big question mark... i hope you find other craft shows to sell your stuff!

AWJ said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about the bad stuff going on in your life, and the rejection from the craft show. Like others said, I hope things get better soon. Your scarf is lovely!

Anonymous said...

That does suck! Whoever made the decision to not include you in the spring show was an idiot!

By the way, I love the scarf, very pretty!

Swapna said...

That scarf has some lovely colours.. things will get better...just hang in there..

LiPeony said...

pretty scarves and cute little model... there's always a silver lining beneath every cloud. =D

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

Hope all is better soon.

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

Paige, one major reason why your stuff might not be selling is that people just aren't buying right now. I don't know if that will make you feel better or not but your scarves are lovely. I love mine.

Gray Eyed Scorpio said...

A fire? Yikes!
I hadn't checked your blog since yesterday morning, so I hadn't read this when I e-mailed you last night.

I hope things take a positive turn for you soon.

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful scarf. I hope it helped you to feel better.

Anonymous said...

That stinks! They say bad new comes in threes...maybe you're done with your bad news for three years! I know what you mean about knitting and spring...it's a bit hard to feel motivated when it's warm outside. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll find inspiration soon!

Sandy said...

I hadn't read this since Monday either! So sorry pal!

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD