11/21/2008

Lindbergh Craft Show


For those of you in the St. Louis area come by and see me this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, at the Lindbergh Craft show. It is hosted by the Rotary Club of Crestwood and it is the largest show in the area. It should be a perfect weekend for it, too cold to be outside but no bad weather to keep people away. I'm in the main auditorium and my booth number is A-164. The address is 4900 S. Lindbergh/ St. Louis, MO 63126 if you want to mapquest it.

I set up tonight and Mike is meeting me there to help. He also got roped into helping our friend's mother who will be right next to me. She has 3 booths and brings a truck and trailer full of stuff. In exchange he doesn't have to come out on Sunday to help me break down and get my stuff home. I'll just put my things in the trailer. I'm feeling the pre-show jitters big time today. I'll probably be better tomorrow since I won't have to rush there to set up.

I stayed up super late the other night finishing a jacket I started 2 years ago. I turned it into a short sleeve vest. I spent a fortune on the yarn, it's Noro Kureyan. I got stuck on the sleeves before and it had been stuffed in the back of my closet in shame. At midnight I was thinking about what I was going to wear this weekend and it came to me like a vision to turn it into a vest. I had to piece it all together and crochet a border to stop it from rolling. I'm not crazy about how the sleeves look but it works. I may go back and do some more work on it later.

Wish me luck for a successful and drama free show!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

I have a cardigan that is literally 10 minutes away from being completed, and it's been in a knitting bag in my craft room for over a year. I don't know why I never finished it. But you've inspired me! I'm going to pull it out this weekend. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to wear it work on Monday.

Good luck at the show!

Kristin said...

Good Luck with the show, let us know how it goes! =)

KAT said...

This is just gorgeous, and I'm glad it came out of the closet!! lol

I hope you do very well with your show, and I hope you take pictures to share with us!!

Kat

Kim said...

wow...wish I could knit. Good job.
Berriedreams
Love World Mall
The Learning Rock
Life In The Country
Front Page Info

Duni said...

Beautiful work!
Good Luck at the craft fair!

Tey said...

this looks nice did you do it yourself? Do you sell those?

Blogwalking here. I hope to see you on my blogs too. have a great day to you
Health Blog
Embracing Health
Concealed Mind
Brief Sentiments

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD