9/15/2008

Celebrating Betty



This weekend was my mother-in-law's 70th birthday. We celebrated with a party at the Rendezvous Wine Bar in O'Fallon. The Bloolights have been playing there since they opened so it was the perfect setting. Luckily the rain held off and we were able to use the outside patio for music as well as the inside for food. Betty usually doesn't enjoy being the center of attention but she really loved getting to show her family off to her friends, particularly the boy's musical talents. My twin is the guitar player sitting down and his brother is on the drums. One of their closest friends for the past 30 years is the singer standing up. I didn't get too many good pictures but I love the one of Betty dancing.


She wanted everyone to write a poem instead of giving gifts so I made my first attempt a poetry in years. I promise I won't be sharing any other sappy poems here but indulge me for a moment while I celebrate the woman who has been so special and inspiring to me for the past 5 years:




Two Moms

I grew up with a Mom who
Didn’t put up with my crap,
Taught me to laugh,
And helped make me what I am today.

I met a man and started a life.
Along with the deal came a woman with
Spunk and love to spare.
She brings me a smile
And helps keep me sane.
Just what I need in my life today.

How lucky can one daughter be,
To have two Moms,
To guide her through the years.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem, Paige. Thank you for sharing it with us.

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD