9/08/2008

Keep It Clean



About a year ago I bought my first bar of handmade soap. Before that I used whatever shower gel was on sale at Walgreens. Soap was a necessity not a luxury item. Since then I have fallen in love with the different scents and sensibilities of handmade soap. I'm not the type of person who buys their soap to last for six months. I want to open a new bar at least once a month to have a new experience, so I keep at least 2 bars as backups at any given time. My favorite scents are Patchouli and Sandlewood but I also like any Eastern sounding combination people can come up with. You just won't find these on your shelf at the local Wal-Mart.




My favorite soap maker on Etsy is HelloCrafty.etsy.com . Her soap lasts at least a month and probably longer if you wanted it too. It suds up better than a lot of handmade but not too much. Her scents last throughout the bar and she has some really cool molds she uses. My favorite is the Hippie Chick mold in Patchouli up above. I also use her face soap which I combine with my occasional use of Pro-Active to keep me clear.




I tried to turn my husband on to handmade soap by giving him some in the shape of his favorite body parts. He uses it but not passionately. I've also spread the joy by given them as gifts to various others in my life. Another reason to always have a few extra on hand at all times.

2 comments:

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

I like the Hippie Chick soap.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the write-up, Paige! You're a sweetie!

Oh, and it cracks me up about your husband's soaps in the shape of "his favorite body shapes"!!!

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD