9/10/2008

Something New



So I bought a huge box of crafting stuff at a garage sale this weekend. Obviously an old woman cleaned out her craft room and I got the benefit of years of her collecting for $3. It was full of lace, buttons, sewing supplies, ribbon, some yarn, and some florist wire. I made some cool wrist cuffs and a necklace with some of the ribbon and lace this weekend. And I tried to make bracelets with the florist wire. I knitted them with some seed beads and used a little clasp that was in the box. My husband thinks they look like a mistake but I think they are kind of cool. They have an organic, free form look to them. My friend at work said she would worry about them poking her, which is a concern. I don't have a crimping tool so I stuck the ends into a bead and folded it over. I bought some toggle clasps on sale at Joanns last night that I will have to experiment with.

So I'm wondering if I should make some more and try to sell them at Strange Folk. Similar ones are selling on Etsy for $25 or more, but that is a high price point in my opinion. I was thinking about pricing these in the $11 range but I don't know. I think it also depends on the quality of beads I use. I have acquired quite the stash of beads lately so I could use some cool beads to spice them up. What do you think? Do you agree with my husband or are they worth trying to sell?

1 comment:

Forkeeps said...

I think these are great! I especially love the first one!

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD