10/27/2008

Gray Eyed Sister-in-law


I decided I would do a series on my favorite bag makers on Etsy. I, of course, had to start with my sister in law of grayeyedscorpio.etsy.com fame. I have a bit of a purse obsession which I believe runs in my family. I have bags tucked away, often filled with yarn, in various corners of my house. I once had a guest open a cupboard looking for a board game to have 10 purses fall out.

You can learn more about my sister in law at her blog Fabric Addict. She is a very talented sewer along with her many other skills, including gardening, cooking, building things, and teaching. She also introduced me to sushi, Scholarshop, the Wentzville flea market, and my husband, in no particular order. We've had the typical sister in law miscommunications through the years but she is one opinion I truly value and respect. We have drastically different taste in footwear but I know she will always tell me the truth when I ask her if something looks good on me. I would be a very different person today if I had not met D. and I am grateful to her for many things, including bringing me into her family.

Last year I asked her to turn a cape that I no longer wore into a bag. Despite the fact that she really hates the constraints of custom projects she did it for me. It is one of my favorite bags in my "collection". She generally uses very earthy colors and upcycles materials quite a bit. She also makes very comfortable headbands in every color and pattern imaginable. I still wear her prototype and first headband from when she got her shop started. I told her about Etsy and because she is much more the go getter than myself she had her shop up and running months before I did. If you are in the market for a new fall bag I couldn't recommend anyone higher than the grayeyedscorpio.

No comments:

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD