10/08/2008

Made for Fun







I love Etsy sellers that set a tone with their shop and make you want to know them better just by their pictures and items. http://www.madeforfun.etsy.com/ is just one of those stores for me. She has a beachy and care-free shop, and life in my imagination anyway. She sells items she picked up while on leisurely walks along the coast, in between fruity drinks and long massages, in my imagination anyway.



Her store is where I bought my fabric letter banner for my craft show booth awhile ago. When not in use as advertising it is hanging as decoration in my craft room, talk about bang for my buck. I recently picked up some adorable fabric pouches from her as well. Get this, they were 20 for $10 and she included 2 extras. The fabrics are so colorful and fun I can hardly stand it. My initial thought is that I will use them for little Christmas gifts in the office. I'll fill them with some candy and my Etsy business card for all my office mates. They are also the perfect size to use for wrapping gift cards. I'm not a big gift card giver but there are a few people in my life that always prefer them.



I also bought some of her stone buttons which are very organic and natural. I'm sure I will find the perfect scarflette and wrist cuff to use them on. To top it off I picked up some of her sea shells with the hole drilled in. I'm envisioning a beachy scarf to use them on as dangles.


I know that my photography definitely could use some work and I'm planning a marathon photo shoot this weekend so that I can get my shop in order. Madeforfun and others have been an inspiration for me to try to get that tone and friendly vibe going in my shop before the holiday shopping season hits full gear.

9 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Wow - I love those buttons!

Leslie said...

Awesome! Those button's are neat. Her shop is great!!

Thanks for the comment about my sushi earrings, I need help! lol I*ve been going back & forth between this. Should i make them key chains & hold off on earrings until i get more? :P Thank you for your help.

Impossible Alice said...

Hey, thanks so much for checking out my blog! Black Books is a British show and definitely worth checking out! You can see it on YouTube :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for visiting my shop..and hanging out for a while!It's kind customers like yourself..that make just so much fun!!Cheers to you..and pina coladas for us all!
Peace,Inge

Anonymous said...

I'm obsessed with those buttons now - I've collected beach rocks in the past to use as pendants - now I want buttons too!

Dawn Emmett said...

Made for fun - nice shop - you've been hearted! Thanks for sharing Lenox Knits!

Rick said...

Great items! So much talent in the realm of Etsy!

LizzyT said...

They are lovely!

LizzyT said...

They are lovely.

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD