10/10/2008

Too much camera to handle

When we got our pointless stimulus check earlier in the year, looks like it did a bang up job stimulating this economy, I went out and bought myself a new camera. I had an old Canon Powershot that I sometimes had to bang on the table to get it to work, so it was definitely time. I went a little crazy and ended up with way more camera than I think I need or can handle at this point.

I bought a Canon PowerShot A650IS with 12.1MP and 6x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom. Being the sucker for a deal that I am I was also talked into buying 2 different lenses that can be attached. I have tentatively used it on a number of occasions and even got out the book to try to figure out how to use all the different settings. I have been essentially using it as a point and shoot when there is so much more I could be doing.


This weekend I plan on getting as many pictures taken of my inventory as possible so I can start listing new items on Etsy again. I know I should be excited to work with such a cool instrument but I feel nervous for some reason. I know there is no right or wrong way to take my pictures, as long as I'm happy with how they come out, but a part of me wants to use the old one with all of its quirks and limitations. Hopefully I will get into it and have fun playing with all the new bells and whistles. I just wish there was someone to show me what the best setting to use for each shot would be. I'm such a novice I really don't know what all the terms and settings mean. Unfortunately there is not a scarf shot setting on it to tell me know what to do.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oooh, I wish I had that camera! Unfortunately my camera is still in decent shape so I can't justify spending a lot of money on a new one just yet.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Wow - have fun with the camera! Be patient with yourself, I always hate "breaking in" new equipment too, but it will be worth it in the long run!

Soyun Park said...

The camera looks awesome~ Hope you find a bunch of interesting objects to take.

Ann said...

Just give yourself some time to get used to your new buddy. Canon is definitely the best choice, I go nowhere without my Canon EOS camera.

 

(c) Lenox Knits, 2009|Created by NSD